8 December 2009

Can I have a new bum please?

The paperwork came through from the hospital at the weekend confirming dates and times. I’ve got to be there at 11.30am on the 23rd December. I’m allowed to have a very light meal before 8am and then nothing until after the operation. What, no pre-op bacon and eggs?!

I had my blood samples taken at thehospital last week to save me driving down again before the op. I also had more MRSA swabs rubbed around my armpits and thrust up my nostrils. Bleah.

I’m asking Santa for a new bottom this year. The nerve problem has been driving me crazy, delivering constant aching and pain. Although my hips can hurt and catch, this problem is far worse as there’s no let-up. In an attempt to get some relief, I had a deep massage yesterday in my bum, legs and back. It’s was quite painful at the time but gradually became more comfortable. I felt great afterwards, but unfortunately it only lasted a short while. Back at my desk it soon flared up again.

I’m walking more than before, trying to keep everything moving. I also bought a rubber ring (not for water frolicking, sadly), which I’m going to sit on to take pressure off my glute and piriformis muscles. Maybe that'll help. I'll be forced to rest in a couple of weeks anyway - I'm hoping that'll help too.

I’m counting down the days now… It’s 15 days to go until the operation. 17 until Santa brings me my new bum.

4 comments:

  1. I sympathise - I would like a new SI joint and hamstrings. The hips are the least of my concerns at times! "Dear Santa, for Xmas, please bring me a body that works..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why open Paul and not arthroscopy?
    Your symptoms are identical to mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh massage, I could do a bit of that! Its a shame the effects didn't last a little longer though :o(

    I hope good ol' Saint Nick brings you a new butt and fixes the glitch in your hip too! I'll be hanging on in for a new hip for christmas, or at least in time for my birthday next year :o))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Louisawb. I am having arthroscopic surgery... thankfully! I mentioned that in a recent post (A change of plan).

    ReplyDelete