18 December 2009

5 days to go

The operation is just 5 days away and I’m feeling pretty good about it. The open procedure seemed like such a big op for what are relatively minor symptoms, so arthroscopy is much more appealing alternative! Let’s hope they find that suspected labral tear that has eluded me for so long.

I’m not looking forward to the after effects of the GA. The last times I had it (following two sinus operations about 8 years ago) I suffered from mild post-operative depression. It didn’t last all that long, maybe 2 weeks or so, but it made me quite down and teary, and wasn’t particularly nice. I’ll be out of hospital on Christmas Eve and moving back to the family nest for while, so I’m hoping festivities and family will keep me chipper.

Good news (for me anyway) is that my butt is on the mend. After a deep sports massage, increased stretching and walking more often, the pain and discomfort has started to fade and it’s slowly returning to normal. This episode lasted for about a month and really was dreadful… I’m just glad it’s eased off so that I won’t have the problem while recovering from surgery next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment