20 November 2009

What’s with my bum lately?!

It’s been two full weeks since the hip block and I’m pretty sure it has made a difference. I can’t be totally certain as I don’t always have pain, but the usual snagging/catching is happening less often and is moderately uncomfortable rather than painful.

I’m now trying to arrange things with my consultant to discuss the results and next steps, but am not having much luck. The operation is scheduled for less than four weeks time and I’m yet to know for sure if I’m having it! I hope I get a follow-up appointment soon.

This time a week ago I started to get pain and discomfort from deep in my buttocks. Not from the hips so unrelated to hip block, but deep in both glutes. So sore was my behind that it was too painful to sit down or lay on my back, so the only relief was to lie face down on the floor! Just what I needed.

I did a little research and read about something called Piriformis Syndrome, which seems to hit the nail on the head. I’ve been stretching out my piriformis muscles and it’s getting better, although I’m still unable to sit for long periods of time without a deep pain and burning feeling… a nightmare considering I spend most of my time sat at my desk. Ho hum.

A final note of thanks those who’ve posted comments on this blog to share stories, thoughts and experiences. Keep ‘em coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment