20 November 2009

The countdown begins

This afternoon I heard back from my consultant's secretary. He's reviewed my diary since the hip block and feels we should proceed with the surgery as planned. That means I'll be having the operation in less than 4 weeks time.

I have requested another consultation before the op, just to run over a few questions and to voice my concerns. That's booked for early December.

So, it's happening! My stomach has twisted itself into knots a couple of times this afternoon at the prospect of what lies ahead, but I'm sure it'll be fine. Pre-op nerves!

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I have been reading your blog and thought I would interject some information! I am 12 weeks post op my right hip and 3 weeks post op my left hip. Both severe labral tears and combined cam/pincer impingement. Dr. Philippon in Vail, CO did the procedure arthroscopically. One of my biggest hurdles was my butt. Severe sciatic pain from my piriformis. After rehabbing two hips I have learned much about the relationship of the glute medius and piriformis to hip health. The glute medius "sleeps" if your hip is unstable. Its a protective mechanism, you have no control over it. Once your hip is fixed you will need to re-train your brain to fire your glutes properly and THEN your piriformis will settle down and quit squeezing your sciatic nerve. Its a long process but you are experiencing is completely normal for a FAI patient!! Feel free to ckeck ou tmy blog..... www.noellblevins/blogspot.com
    Ciao!

    ReplyDelete