4 March 2010

Physio

I’ve been having weekly physio sessions for a number of weeks now and have come to the conclusion that my physiotherapist is the best thing since sliced bread.

Firstly we addressed the pain over the greater trochanter. A few exercises and stretches pretty much sorted that out in a week or two. We then focused on my walking, how it had changed and how to fix it. We’re now stretching and strengthening with a few ultrasound treatments thrown in for good measure.

I’ve been out on a few cycle rides. Fairly gentle stuff to start with and not huge distances but it’s a start. I’ve also walked to and from work (1km each way) on three consecutive days this week… maybe a fourth tomorrow. That may not sound like much, but I’ve not been able to walk so well for quite some time so for me it’s a pretty big deal.

I’m feeling great at the moment :-)

7 comments:

  1. Hi Paul, how's things going? I hope you've continued to improve. Gilly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, most physio's are fabulous!!! ;-).
    I'm in a general gym class twice a week now as well as hydro to get theings going as still very weak and movement quite limited but think it's getting there. So glad physio is helping so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sthe pain in the bum part, has that gone, can you sit painlessly??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comments guys. Things are going really well. I've not had a return of the original problem, which is fantastic. I still get some pain as a result of the surgery, which I think is where the bone was removed from my pelvis. It's not so bad though and I hope it'll improve in time. I have a consultation with my surgeon next week so I'll post a detailed update then. As for my bum, that's all good, thank god! It was probably the worst part of this whole thing!

    I hope you're all keeping well and are pain free.

    Paul :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there, I read your blog and have my own.. frankly these blogs got me thru the last year and I have set up a facebook page dedicated to putting up great hip blogs and would ask if you would share yours on this site by linking your to the site, it will create more traffic to your site and give one place where a newly diagnosed person can find all good hip blogs. It is on facebook and called 'FAI Hip impingment blogs' and covers PAO and THR as they often over lap.
    Your help to others will be much appreciated..
    Many thanks Louisa
    myfaihippain.blogspot.com if you're wondering who I am!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Physiotherapy is a great way to recover from an injury or surgery. I also realized that wearing an orthopedic brace also helps in the process of recovery. You should try to incorporate that with physiotherapy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Physio Wellness Warehouse is a company that sell, install, service and maintain various medical equipment and products

    For more information on Physio Wellness Warehouse go to http://physioww.co.za/

    ReplyDelete