19 August 2009

MRI Arthrogram - booked

Only four working days after my appointment at the Duchy, I received a call to be booked in for the MRI arthrogram, which is scheduled for this coming Monday.

I’m impressed at how quickly they turned this around. The regular MRI that I had at the NHS hospital in Exeter took about 4-5 weeks from referral to scan, so this was incredibly quick!

I browsed the web for information on MRI-A’s and there are some mixed stories out there. For some it’s all pain and doom while others say it’s not too bad. However you look at it, it doesn’t sound like the most enjoyable of things but it’s something that has to be done.

I’ve been told I shouldn’t drive afterwards. That makes things slightly awkward as the hospital is 90 miles away, so someone has to spare an afternoon to come with me and drive me home. One of my brothers has kindly offered his chauffeur services for the day, which is also good as we get to spend some time together.

I’ll post my own account of the MRI arthrogram next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment